Bamboo Flooring Repair
Leading Bamboo Flooring Repair Service and Cost in Albuquerque, NM
Best Albuquerque Handyman & Remodeling
Are You Looking for Bamboo Flooring Repair Service near Albuquerque, NM? Best Albuquerque Handyman & Remodeling is the premier Bamboo Flooring Repair Service in the Albuquerque, NM. Bamboo floors can add warmth, beauty, and elegance to any space. Best Bamboo Flooring Repair Service in Albuquerque, NM. Cost? Free estimates! Call now or Send a quick message for an estimate.
BAMBOO FLOORING REPAIR SERVICE IN ALBUQUERQUE, NM
The professional Bamboo Flooring Repair will At Best Albuquerque Handyman & Remodeling, our experienced flooring experts can provide the best bamboo flooring Repair in Albuquerque, NM at a very reasonable price. We take pride in offering the best bamboo flooring Repair. Our Best Albuquerque Handyman & Remodeling flooring experts take pride in providing the best service in the Albuquerque, NM area. They are also extremely easy to work with, very punctual, and have years of experience working with bamboo flooring Repair.
Bamboo Flooring Company in Albuquerque, NM
Bamboo floors can add warmth, beauty, and elegance to any space. And Best Albuquerque Handyman & Remodeling is proud to offer expert bamboo flooring repair in a variety of styles at Albuquerque, NM. If you’re looking for a simple and affordable way to update your interior, come to us to learn more about your options.
A bamboo floor expands and contracts less than hardwood floors and is more water-resistant, making it ideal for high-traffic, high-moisture areas. But bamboo that’s harvested too early produces a softer floor that scratches and dents more readily, plus lets stains penetrate more easily, making it similar to a soft wood such as pine.
Bamboo ranges in color from a light tan to a honey brown; it’s easy to maintain.
How to Repair Engineered Bamboo Flooring
Engineered bamboo flooring differs from standard bamboo flooring in that engineered bamboo flooring contains types of wood besides bamboo. When crafting engineered bamboo flooring, a layer of bamboo is placed over layers of other kinds of wood. The layer of bamboo is usually very thin. In most engineered bamboo floors, the layer of bamboo is less than 1 inch thick. Because the bamboo is combined with other kinds of wood, engineered bamboo floors are considered to be much stronger than standard bamboo floors. Engineered bamboo floors are more resistant to moisture than traditional bamboo flooring, and are far more resistant to cupping and scratches. However, like any floor, engineered bamboo flooring can become damaged. At Best Albuquerque Handyman & Remodeling, read the following for information on how to repair common problems that can occur with your engineered bamboo flooring in Albuquerque, NM.
Step 1 – Removing Stains
Most floors are susceptible to messes and stains, and engineered bamboo floors are no exception. In order to remove common household stains (such as pets’ “accidents”, spilled drinks, and dirt and grease), use a cleaner that is formulated for your flooring. Most bamboo floors are urethane-finished, so you will have to purchase a cleaner that is designed for use on urethane-finished floors. When dealing with stubborn stains, you may have to use a wooden floor pad designed for urethane-finished flooring in order to completely remove them.
For spills and stains made up of materials like crayons, candles and gum, you will have to use a slightly different method. Before applying your cleaner, fill a plastic bag with ice and place it over the tacky substance. The ice will cause the substance to harden and become brittle. You can crumble off the brittle substance and then clean the area with your urethane finish cleaner.
Step 2 – Removing Surface Scratches
Scratches are among the most common problems that plague homeowners. It is impossible to actually remove scratches: when people refer to removing scratches, they are really talking about repairing scratches. In order to repair scratches, you must purchase a floor touch-up kit. Touch-up kits can be purchased anywhere that you can purchase wood flooring. As with the cleaner, purchase a touch-up kit that corresponds with the finish on your flooring. Different kits will need to be applied in different ways, so be sure to read any instructions that come with your touch-up kit.
If your flooring has scorch marks, you may be able to remove them using a method similar to the one you use to repair scratches. However, if the burns are large or deep, you may have to replace the damaged planks.
Step 3 – Replacing Boards
If you must replace one or more of the planks that make up your flooring, your first step will be to make sure that you have enough extra planks to complete the job. If you did not reserve any planks when you first installed your flooring, you will have to attempt to match new planks as best as you can.
Figure out how your flooring is attached. They will be either nailed in, glued in or clicked into place via tongue-and-groove installation. If it is nailed or glued in, it is difficult to remove the damaged planks on your own, and you may need to have a professional or more experienced friend assist you.
However your flooring is attached, you will need to remove the damaged plank.
- Make a note of the location and size of the damaged plank.
- Drill several small holes in a row in the plank. Be careful that you don’t pierce the subfloor.
- Take your chisel and carve between the holes. Use the chisel until you can make a break in the plank. Once you have done this, you can carefully remove it from any connections it has with other, undamaged planks.
- Remember to clean up any splinters that are left behind before moving on.
After carefully taking measurements again, you can cut a replacement plank to fit. Make certain that your measurements are accurate before making any cuts. Don’t forget to add your tongue and groove edges. When you have satisfactorily cut your plank, you can apply a flooring adhesive of your choice to its underside. Try to use one similar to the adhesive used in the original installation of your flooring.
Replacing planks is probably one of the most complicated repairs you will have to perform on your engineered bamboo flooring. Luckily, even this task is not as complicated as it seems. By properly maintaining your flooring and by repairing problems as soon as possible, your flooring will remain a beautiful part of your home for years to come.
Call us for :
- How To Repair Bamboo Flooring Problems
- How To Replace Bamboo Flooring Planks
- How To Fix Bamboo Floors With Water Damage
- Rejuvenate For Bamboo Floors
- How To Remove Bamboo Flooring at Albuquerque, NM
- Hardwood Floor Scratch Repair Products
- How To Get Scuff Marks Off Bamboo Floors
- Bamboo Scratch Repair Kit
- Albuquerque New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Belen New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Bernalillo New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Bosque Farms New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Casa Blanca New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Cedar Crest New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Clines Corners New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Corrales New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Edgewood New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Espanola New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Estancia New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Gallup New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Grants New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Lemitar New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Los Lunas New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Moriarty New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Mountainair New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Pecos New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Peralta New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Placitas New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Rio Communities New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Rio Rancho New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Santa Fe New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Socorro New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Tijeras New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me
- Tome New Mexico Bamboo Flooring Repair Near Me